- Wed Nov 30 2016
- 7:00 pm
- Main Hall
- Laneway Project Summit & Exhibit
Laneway Project Summit & Exhibit
Join The Laneway Project at The Great Hall’s Main Hall for The (Lane)way Forward, an evening of art, entertainment and lively discussion, exploring the potential of Toronto’s laneways.
The third annual Laneway Summit & Exhibit will bring together designers, planners, artists, decision-makers and laneway lovers from across Toronto to imagine ways of unlocking the potential of these often overlooked public spaces. The summit will feature a panel discussion, exhibition, reception and prize raffle. This event will also include a display of the top 10 finalists in the Laneway Project’s new 2016 public Photo Contest.
Panelists will include:
- Jake Tobin Garrett, Manager, Policy and Research, Park People
- Jessica Myers, Executive Director, Junction BIA
- Jonathan Morrice, Community Safety and Social Media Officer, 55 Division, Toronto Police Service
- Mark van Elsberg, Project Manager, Pedestrian Projects, Public Realm Section, Transportation Services, City of Toronto
- Monica Wickeler, Laneway Mural Artist
The Laneway Project is an urban design and planning organization that is working to change Toronto’s relationship with its laneways through demonstration projects, stakeholder collaboration and community support. Their goals include increasing urban walkability and connectivity; fostering new venues for community events, entertainment and informal physical activity; and creating a canvas for public art, unique destinations and micro-business opportunities.
2016 Laneway Summit
The Great Hall’s Main Hall
Wednesday, November 30, 2016
Tickets $12 online
7 pm to 10 pm
All ages, but ID required for alcohol