- Mon Nov 21 2016
- 5:30 pm
- Main Hall
- Urban Leadership Awards 2016
Urban Leadership Awards 2016
Join the Canadian Urban Institute at The Great Hall on Monday, November 21, 2016 for the 13th annual Urban Leadership Awards: Urban Foundations. Let us pause and cast a spotlight on the individuals, projects and organizations making a profound impact on the quality of life in Canada’s urban regions. Past Urban Champions have included Sheldon Levy, Anne Golden, David Pecaut, Gail Sheryl Asper, Moses Znaimer, John Tory, Phyllis Lambert and Jack Diamond.
Recently reopened after an intensive revitalization, The Great Hall is a fitting backdrop to recognize this year’s Urban Champions and gather past Urban Leadership Award recipients, whose work helped establish the foundation of urban excellence in Canada.
In addition to recognizing the 2016 recipients, guests will have the opportunity to explore 21st century urbanism and the relationships we share with our city through dialogue with CUI’s Urban Champions. Following award presentation, award recipients will participate in moderated panels designed to explore new ideas that will inspire the urban agenda for the years ahead.
The awards recognize recipients in the following categories:
- Jane Jacobs Lifetime Achievement Award Individual whose vision and passion for cities has had a profound impact on several aspects of urban health over many years.
- David Crombie Award Individual engaging community, government and private sector partners to help regenerate and enhance the public realm in the Greater Golden Horseshoe.
- City Builder Award Leader whose bold vision and ability to implement change represents true city building.
- NextGen Award Emerging leader(s) whose work is helping to develop a healthy urban community.
- Urban Vitality Award A project or program that demonstrates excellence in creativity, relationship to context and community spirit.
About the Urban Leadership Awards
The Urban Leadership Awards raise funds to support the Canadian Urban Institute’s (CIU) internship programs. Since 1990, we have offered hands-on learning experiences to hundreds of students and recent graduates from across Canada. In addition to supporting the next generation of city builders, you are recognizing individuals and programs dedicated to the development of healthy urban communities.
Tickets: available online $17-$50